(From Tiffin Year 7 scheme of work)
(a) Recognise a variety of ways to display data:
* Construct pie charts, and finding frequencies from angles (and vice versa).
* Be able to construct and interpret bar charts.
* Construct stem and leaf diagrams.
* Understand frequency diagrams and how grouped data can be put in tabular form. Be able to construct frequency polygons.
(b) Be able to analyse data and calculate statistics:
* Calculate the mean, mode, median and range (not quartiles) from listed data.
* Find the mean, mode, median, range from a stem and leaf diagram.
* Calculate the mean from a frequency table and estimate a mean from a grouped frequency table.
* Solve (non-algebraic) problems involving mean, including combined means.
* Appreciate the difference between continuous and discrete data.
(Used for Tiffin Year 8 scheme of work)
(a) Recap: Know how to construct and interpret stem and leaf diagrams and frequency polygons.
(b) Draw and interpret cumulative frequency diagrams and box plots.
(c) Find quartiles, interquartile range from lists of data and cumulative frequency graphs.
Two investigations into houses and house prices, exploring collection of data/designing a survey, and analysing/interpreting/representing data. Investigation 1 compares the homes of students to those in London.Investigation 2 investigates what factors affect London house prices.